:: Re: [devuan-dev] SLiM 1.4.0 problem…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: sawbona
Dátum:
Címzett: devuan-dev
Tárgy: Re: [devuan-dev] SLiM 1.4.0 problem with multiple monitors
Hello:

Thank you for taking the time to write back.
Much appreciated.

On 30 May 2024 at 13:44, Mark Hindley wrote:

> No reason why not.
> If no bugs are uncovered it will migrate ...

Right.

> Feel free to poke me ...

No way.
You have more than enough on your plate these days.
I can wait.

That said, I have been able to solve part of the problem I have with
v1.4.0. ie: how it behaves in a setup with more than one monitor.

I use a two Nvidia card/ three three monitor setup and managed to get
the login prompt to appear at the centre of the left monitor by
editing my original
/usr/share/slim/themes/slim-minimal-master/slim-theme file.

Changing the value of msg_x to 50% did the trick:

~~~
msg_x      50%
msg_y      40%
~~~

Now, the rest of the problem:

Even though the settings `username_msg` and `password_msg` are remmed
out ...

~~~
# username_msg      username:
# password_msg      password:
~~~

... I am *still* getting the 'Please enter your user name' and
'Please enter your password', something that did *not* happen with
the pre 1.4.0 version of SLiM.

What I am looking to get is something really *slim*:
ie: a black screen with (at most) just the cursor, nothing else.

Because I (box/system owner) *don't* need to be informed that I have
to enter my userID and then my PW to access the system.

And if someone manages to get physical access to my box ...

Do I *really* need to have the the login manager to tell anyone else
exactly what they have to do to gain access? 8^|°

So ...
Would you know what setting I have to add/modify to the `slim-theme`
file to achieve that?

If I can get *that* done, I'll be set.

Thanks in advance.

Best,