:: Re: [DNG] Something completely diff…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Didier Kryn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Something completely different OS
Le 28/05/2024 à 17:56, kc-devuan@??? a écrit :
> 28 May 2024 15:57:21 Charles via Dng <dng@???>:
>
>> Programming in rust (or any other memory safe language) seems like the future against many hacks and might be a great OS to hand to the future of computing.
>> I'm throwing this out there to get other's input. I have zero chops in programming.
> There is also Gloire written in Ada which is actually a safer, more stable and easier to use language than Rust.

    What the "better" language solve is the risk of programmer error, a
rather high risk in both C and C++.  Also, a high level language like
Ada eases the maintenance of large programs.

    But in any case the language does not solve the problem of stack
protection, for example. Don't forget, also,  that all languages rely
upon the C runtime library, which is an essential layer between
applications and the kernel. This is why the work of people writing C
runtime libraries is absolutely critical.

--     Didier