Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] About the rust language
On 2024-05-29 06:21, onefang wrote:
> I've not bothered with Rust yet, but the hype about it reminds me af the
> hype around Ruby in the beginning. I was heavily into Java programming
> at the time, and Ruby was trying WAAAAY too hard to take over Java. The
> Rust hype reminds me of the Ruby hype. They even share the first half of
> the spelling.

Exactly. Hype. However, do you remember the Java hype? I do. I could
never understand why Java was marketed so hard as a server language. Why
do you need cross platform binary for servers?

Java *had* some advantage for small software companies that wanted to
sell boxed software that would work on any *desktop*.

I suppose Java had to be reinvented for the server because it was slow
on the desktop back then. So of course the best thing, for a business,
to do is to shove it in a server and drive up energy consumption. I'd
rather eat meat and drive a car. Don't need no friking AI. Sorry a bit
of topic.