:: Re: [DNG] About the rust language
Góra strony
Autor: Simon Walter
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] About the rust language
On 2024-05-28 23:16, Steve Litt wrote:
> What I mean by "broader" is that you need to memorize a whole lot of
> stuff because a whole lot of stuff is built into the language instead
> of just being createable in the language.

WRT golang, that is the standard library. It's very nice that golang has
many useful things in the standard library. You could write them
yourself again or chose some other 3rd party library. However, the
quality of the standard library is good. It's very nice when working in
a team. You don't need to argue over something.

I use golang daily. I would say it's great for people scared of C, and
compiled languages in general. The tooling is hard to beat.

Though, for personal projects, I prefer other languages.