:: Re: [DNG] Log rotation keeps rotate…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Lorenz
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng@d404.nl
Υ/ο: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] Log rotation keeps rotated file open
Hi all,

I'm not sure how to fix this issue properly in runit-services package; latest
version of runit forward non standard actions to the sysv scripts but it
still doesn't work for rsyslogd.

Maybe the run script could configure rsyslogd to output to stdout and
catch the output with svlogd, so that there is no need to rely on logrotate.
However the log directory will change from /var/log/ to /var/log/syslog.runit
or something like that and it will be a surprise for users..
Also, I may have to edit the syslog.conf on the fly (and restore it in
the finish file)
or change to another "runit.syslog.conf" file and that makes two surprises.
Thoughts?

Cheers,
Lorenzo