:: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
Página Inicial
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Backup methods for Devuan
nisp1953 via Dng - 26.05.24, 20:08:19 CEST:
> > Finally, what sort of quantity of data are you talking about - "du -sh
> > ~"?
> I am backing up about 34 GB of data. […]

I'd probably just rsync that to a disk with BTRFS filesystem, making
snapshots of older states. As long as renames of huge chunks of data are
rare enough, you could basically keep a year of snapshots of that on a 1TB
disk or so. Or even more.

But yeah, even without snapshots you could just rsync into different
directories.

Advantage of BTRFS is that you can tell if to scrub the data from time to
time, validating that your backup data is still intact.

Also I'd consider at rest encryption.

--
Martin