:: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Góra strony
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
altoid via Dng - 26.05.24, 18:12:17 CEST:
> On 26 May 2024 at 14:45, Charles via Dng wrote:
> > With windows 11 coming out with it's 'recall' ...
>
> You can *already* find a preview of it in a package called zeigeist.

I do not think that GNOME Zeitgeist snapshots the screen regularly and
feeds it into an AI. Microsoft claims all of this is done locally, but I
would not surprised of them offering a cloud service later on arguing: Your
local PC might be too slow for that.

Also the KDE Plasma based activity management local usage tracking stuff
does not do this. It can be switched off completely or for certain
activities, can be configured to delete data after a certain amount of time
and does not send data off the computer.

--
Martin