:: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: tito
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
On Thu, 23 May 2024 06:36:55 -0400
Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

> tito via Dng said on Fri, 17 May 2024 15:12:10 +0200
>

> >Yes they use some kind of apt but with rpm packages,
> >also synaptic package manager worked, plus they do have
> >all daemons/servers packages with init scripts already forked.
>
> Doesn't the preceding mean that Devuan can simply copy those init
> scripts and not need to worry about Debian?

Not really because they use debian repos (including orphan-sysvinit-scripts)
and a repo for some pclos packages and not their original rpm sources.
In a standard xfce desktop there were some 1500 bookworm debs
and 60 pclos debs. By reading the article from pclos magazine
(link posted previously) it seems to me they plan to move to debian
as base because maintaining all distro packages by themselves
is getting to much work.
Tito