:: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Góra strony
Autor: kc-devuan
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
19 May 2024 22:26:41 Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???>:

> Details please?
>
> What do you have against C (which, amongst plenty of other things, is what the
> Linux kernel is written in)?

apt originally downloaded as root. Now it uses another user which means an exploit initially results in a shell of that users permissions ideally with limited system execution access to raise privileges.

As for C well I thought it was obvious how many exploits are caused by it's lack of protections despite good practice efforts in Chrome etc. or the Linux kernel Netfilter or wifi scanning.

If you use Ada, Go, Rust or even a limited set of C++ etc.  then you will only get a denial of service and not an exploit assuming they are not using c libraries or wget etc..

https://github.com/void-linux/xbps/issues/292