:: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Lorenz
Dátum:
Címzett: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Tárgy: Re: [DNG] What is an init system?
Hi,

Il giorno sab 11 mag 2024 alle ore 02:46 Steve Litt
<slitt@???> ha scritto:

>[...]
>
> Sysvinit's PID1 with runit or s6 as a process supervisor for *daemons*,
> not config scripts etc, is a great setup. Just do the following in
> /etc/inittab for a very simple no-runlevel runit:
>
> respawn /usr/bin/runsvdir -P /var/service ........................

In Debian and derivatives it's /etc/service, not /var/service, but
more important,
there is a package that does this setup for you (and it cleans up when removed)
# apt-get install runit-run
it all is needed

> The series of dots should actually be at least 400 consecutive dots.
>
> Every daemon run from runit or s6 should be disabled in sysvinit's init
> scripts. I used to know how to disable init scripts in sysvinit, but
> long ago forgot.

update-rc.d script-name disable

Cheers,
Lorenzo