:: Re: [DNG] question on programming (…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] question on programming (maybe OT???)
o1bigtenor via Dng said on Thu, 21 Mar 2024 08:41:56 -0500

>Greetings
>
>Some would consider what I want to set up as IoT, some might suggest
>using SCADA some would suggest a web based system - - - but I'm
>wondering if I could be served by something else.
>
>Primary consideration is privacy and security, thinking of using a
>wired rather than wireless system as a result.
>Its a high number of input sensor 'weather' monitoring system.
>
>So there are a large number of temperature sensors,

5 sensors? 25? 125? 625? More?

What does each temperature sensor output? A voltage? A current? Some
sort of packet? Something else?

How many buildings are these congregated in? Are any outside? How close
is each to the building housing your main computer?

Is there a way you could do underground wiring without restricting your
ability to plow or till or irrigate?

>Why am I trying to do this - - - in the livestock facility - - - - the
>dew point gets to be real important!
>Say its -5 F and there is at present no fans - - - the breath from the
>animals ups the humidity - - - not that much of a problem but as a
>result there is condensation that builds up. After a period of this
>and it gets warmer well - - - I've had a swath of ice crystals about
>5/16" cubic about 4' wide down the length of the facility - - - - NOT
>good for the wooden truss members for sure. So I need to be able to
>control ceiling (moist environment rated or industrial) fans and
>exhaust fans to move or exhaust the air depending upon various factors.

I think you mentioned somewhere I can no longer find that
available commercial fan controllers can't take the low temperatures
you might encounter. I think you could probably fabricate something
using a triac. I assume every fan already has the proper voltage and
power AC available to it.

>So for data - - - do I use web based systems (Django/Python and their
>attendant overheads) or something like WxWidgets (similar overheads)
>or a SCADA kind of system (Proview) or might it be possible to pull
>the data into something like storage (Postgresql database) and then
>use something simple like a text based document (I'm not that into
>'purdy pitchers') to display values with whatever control logic
>running on different ucontrollers. (I used ledger-cli and like the
>elegance of that system)?

Why not a log file? You can then use very simple Python programs to
create reports based on the log file.

>Suggestions - - - (yes I know I'm nuts) ideas - - - etc welcome - - -
>please?

Not nuts at all. This is the first time I've heard of an IoT system
that solves an actual problem.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21