:: Re: [DNG] window manager fails to c…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Antony Stone
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] window manager fails to connect to XServer
On Monday 18 March 2024 at 20:52:40, Haines Brown via Dng wrote:

> I mistakenly copied all files in my home directory to another
> directory.

I assume you mean "moved" rather than "copied", since copying the files won't
make any difference at all to what's in your home directory.

I suggest you show us the commands which actually got executed (from your, or
maybe root's, shell history) so that we can see what really did occur.

Showing us the command/s you used for "I restored the files from that
directory" would probably also be a good idea, as well as letting us know
whether the files (and possibly even the ~ directory itself) are owned by your
username and group, would be helpful (just in case there's stuff in your home
directory which has now become owned by some other user/group).

Imagine that we want to re-create the situation you have on your machine so
that we can work out what's wrong with it. Tell us how you did that so that
we can do it too, and then we might be able to see what the problem is and try
to help get out of it.

Antony.

--
Is it venison for dinner again? Oh deer.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.