:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2024-03-…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Set (setto)" Hallströ
À: devuan developers internal list
Sujet: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2024-03-07
---------------------------------------
-- Devuan meet 2024-03-07 @20:30 UTC --
---------------------------------------

Present: fsmithred, hendrik, golinux, plentyn, setto

Regrets:

Old Business
============

golinux
~~~~~~~
- Postmortem2: Silence will not make the unfortunate dynamic(s)
magically disappear . . .
  - setto: a discussion needs to be held. Sometimes we're in dark
places and it can affect our peers. Sometimes our peers cannot see
where we are. No blame is necessary, but a discussion needs to be held.
Bottom line: the page looks very nice now! I will write a draft and
have it reviewed by golinux and fsmithred
    - (gl) A draft for guidelines iiuc. Looking forward to seeing it!

Old Actions
===========

New Business
============

setto
~~~~~

- git.devuan.org: who is the admin? it would be very nice to have RSS
feeds enabled for the repos.
  - (gl) rrq . . . is this possible/desirable?
  - (rrq) not admin; I believe bb|hcb does it ... why run a browser to
keep polling; seems like a bit of a waste of bandwidth. "RSS feed" of
what?
    - setto: Feed of releases, commits, issues. It's not for browsers.
It is for aggregation to other channels. A way for users to stay in the
loop without having to log in.

- hexchat is no longer being maintained but it is still in Ceres.
  - (rrq) it's a debian package isn't it?
    - (Xenguy) Yes.  The author states on the Hexchat homepage:  "This
will be the last release I make of HexChat. The project has largely
been unmaintained for years now and nobody else stepped up to do that
work.".  Given that it's already "been unmaintained for years", and yet
works perfectly fine (I have been using it myself for a few years),
perhaps this isn't much of a show-stopper?  I suppose that it will be
removed from Debian eventually if it continues to be unmaintained
though. This might be a good opportunity to (re)investigate weechat
(used to run irssi, which was fine, but weechat might be a better bet
going forward).
      - (gl) This is merely an informational post to alert users that
might not have seen the posts about it. It is a user issue not a Devuan
problem.

LeePen
~~~~~~

Jenkins
-------
Make package build script more resilient to uninstallable build
dependencies.

BTS
---
Rework spam reporting to attempt limitation of spam?

Packaging
---------
- ceres
+ util-linux (not arch:arm{el,hf})
+ pcsc-lite (not arch:arm{el,hf})
+ debootstrap (Closes: http://bugs.devuan.org/796 and
http://bugs.devuan.org/837

Plentyn
~~~~~~~

Pam depends on libsystemd now - should that stay this way? ... It was
the version number of libsystemd0 in ceres vs libelogind-compat in
daedalus.

New Actions
===========

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀