:: Re: [DNG] how-can-i-help; was: ..ti…
Góra strony
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] how-can-i-help; was: ..time to snap into reality check?
On Sun, 10 Mar 2024 12:14:33 -0300, altoid wrote in message
<65EDCE59.4094.352713@???>:

> Hello:
>
> On 5 Mar 2024 at 21:37, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> > ..it's useful _if_ ...
> Hmm ...
> No. 8^/
>
> My apologies if I seem blunt, but in my (limited/narrow) Devuan-esque
> point of view, Debian's "how-can-I-help" package has absolutely
> *nothing* to do in a Devuan repository.

..what it _does_ tell us, is Debian, which _is_ our upstream and
which we lean waaay too heavily on as our _only_ upstream, is in
trouble, with package maintainers leaving.
Which again means trouble for us here at Devuan.

> It belongs in the banned packages list.
> ie: so it can help by *not* being available in the Devuan
> repositories.
>
> > ... might find it depressing...
> Indeed ...
>
> I found it quite depressing to see that it actually *is* in the
> Devuan repositories.

..maybe populate it with alien-converted Slackware packages?

Scenarios always come in sets of three: