:: Re: [DNG] how-can-i-help; was: ..ti…
Góra strony
Autor: sawbona
Dla: Dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] how-can-i-help; was: ..time to snap into reality check?
Hello:

On 5 Mar 2024 at 11:11, Hendrik Boom via Dng wrote:

> Is it in some package I haven't installed?
> Might it be useful?

I had never heard of it as of today and yes, there is such a thing:

See here:

https://wiki.debian.org/how-can-i-help

and here:

https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.html?c=package&q=how-c
an-i-help&x=submit

[quote]
The how-can-i-help program hooks into APT to list opportunities for
contributions to Debian (like orphaned packages, or bugs tagged
'newcomer') for packages installed locally, after each APT
invocation. It can also be invoked directly, and then lists all
opportunities for contribution (not just the new ones).
[/quote]

Now, as to why *this* very Debian specific package doing in the
Devuan repositories is anyone's guess.

Useful? Doubt it but then, who knows.

I don't have it in my Beowulf installation.

Best,

A.