:: Re: [DNG] libelogind-compat still n…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Martin Steigerwald
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] libelogind-compat still needed?
Hi Mark.

Mark Hindley - 05.03.24, 14:00:48 CET:
> On Tue, Mar 05, 2024 at 01:31:05PM +0100, Lorenz via Dng wrote:
> > see
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=%231052064
> > and discussion
> > https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-init-diversity/202
> > 3-October/006351.html
> >
> > So elogind is now patched to work with libsystemd0.
>
> Sorry, but that applies to Debian only.
>
> There has been no change in Devuan's version of elogind.
> libelogind-compat is required in Devuan if you want libsystemd0 runtime
> compatibility.

Thanks for that important distinction.

I will wait with upgrades until I am happy with the output of apt and till
then only update security relevant packages like browsers to the extent
that is possible in the current situation.

Thanks also to Lorenz for the links to the Debian related discussion.

Best,
--
Martin