著者: Lorenz
To: Martin Steigerwald
CC: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] libelogind-compat still needed?
Hi,

Il giorno mar 5 mar 2024 alle ore 10:01 Martin Steigerwald
<martin@???> ha scritto:

> Hi!
>
> Is this package still needed?
>
> "apt upgrade" on Devuan Ceres reports:

> libelogind-compat : Conflicts: libsystemd0
> E: Broken packages
>
> "apt full-upgrade" would remove half of my system.
>
> I bet this may be related to 64-bit time on 32-bit setups transition.
> However I think I saw some discussion that the compat package would not be
> needed anymore and that for some reasons libsystemd0 would be used
> instead. But I do not remember the details.

see
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=%231052064
and discussion
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/debian-init-diversity/2023-October/006351.html

So elogind is now patched to work with libsystemd0.

> I am using KDE Plasma with Runit. And of course I like my desktop session
> to still work after an upgrade :)

I't's not working for me, I can't mount usb stick, or suspend/shutdown/restart
without root permission form my desktop (LXQt); superwierd,
restart/shutdown/suspend
works from sddm, so I suspect it might be a problem on my side, some
config file leftover
from when I used to build elogind on my own.
Still had no time to dig into this nor to report it.

I would still wait for the 64bit t_time transition to end, expect
massive breakage in unstable
on dependency chain otherwise.

Lorenzo