Tárgy: Re: [DNG] unstable ownership of mount point
On Sat, Mar 2, 2024 at 3:16 PM Roberto Scattini <roberto.scattini@???>
wrote:

> El sáb, 2 de mar de 2024, 16:45, o1bigtenor via Dng <dng@???>
> escribió:
>

>> TL;DR
>> (I installed snapd on my system because I really really wanted to work
>> with virtual systems
>> and LXD seemed like a great solution. LXD still seems to be a pretty good
>> solution but to
>> run it you MUST be using snapd and that's a subsystem that forces you to
>> do a LOT of
>> things the way 'canonical' wants you to - - - you have absolutely NO
>> choice in any part of it
>> after you start. And - - - - removing snapd - - - well - - for me it was
>> a what I call a M$ fix
>> - - - I had to re-install! (Absolutely could not cleanly remove snapd no
>> matter how many
>> rm -r I tried!.))
>>
>> TIA
>>

> As a side note, last year the LXD lead devel forked the project as
> response to a canonical move:
>
> https://www.phoronix.com/news/Linux-Containers-LXD-Incus

Spent a little time (not a lot) looking through their documentation.

Can find nothing on their system and contents upgrade policy and
techniques.
As I got quite thoroughly burned once - - - well - - - I'm loath to waste
the time to try
again.
Thought when I was trying the previous iteration that it might be useful
for some things.
Found that running multiple hardware was still a necessity so the need for
something
like Incus has decreased. Really really don't want that level of
frustration and lack of
control of my hardware and software again!!!

Thanks but at this time likely still - - - no thanks!

Regards