Emne: Re: [DNG] unstable ownership of mount point
On Sat, Mar 2, 2024 at 12:22 PM aitor <aitor_czr@???> wrote:

> On 2/3/24 18:38, aitor wrote:
>
> # mount -o uid=1000,git=1000 /dev/sdb1 /media/working
>
> *gid*

Are there any negative repercussions from doing this?

TL;DR
(I installed snapd on my system because I really really wanted to work with
virtual systems
and LXD seemed like a great solution. LXD still seems to be a pretty good
solution but to
run it you MUST be using snapd and that's a subsystem that forces you to do
a LOT of
things the way 'canonical' wants you to - - - you have absolutely NO choice
in any part of it
after you start. And - - - - removing snapd - - - well - - for me it was a
what I call a M$ fix
- - - I had to re-install! (Absolutely could not cleanly remove snapd no
matter how many
rm -r I tried!.))

TIA