:: Re: [DNG] Openbox: Alt mousewheel c…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Syeed Ali
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Openbox: Alt mousewheel changes workspaces
On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 12:58:33 +0100
al3xu5 via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:53:24 -0500 - Steve Litt
> <slitt@???>:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I didn't know this until today. In Openbox, pressing either Alt key
> > while rotating the mouse wheel quickly, sequentially and cyclically
> > (goes from last to first or vice versa) changes workspaces. What a
> > nice workflow enhancer for whenever my hand is already on the
> > mouse. If you have Openbox, you should try it out.
>
> The same pressing CTRL+ALT+RightArrow or CTRL+ALT+LeftArrow...
> without the mouse

I highly recommend these hotkeys.

Personally I keybind it to c+w so that I have a consistent experience
when I use Windows (11). I hate having to code switch between desktops.

As with onefang, I also use the win key for window manager-level stuff,
like w-1 for the first desktop, etc.

I love that Openbox is so configurable.