著者: William Peckham
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Food for Thought? Wayland
I see XWindows/X.org as a wonderful project that diverged from the unix
philosophy. It was a single application that had parts and features
embedded to support MANY things that were not the purpose at all. I love
it! Wayland is another X11 server providing the same core function, with
new and cleaner code, without all the pieces that do not belong. One
project that does the function very well, communicated with other
applications, and has no cruft: more pure in the unix sense. Wayland is
absolutely more in the unix philosophy!

Possibly unwelcome for those who depend upon all the cruft.

As for systems, it is 100% pure cruft with no redeeming features. It
violates the unix philosophy, provides lots of points of failure, and
additional security vulnerabilities. ( it works .. )