:: Re: [DNG] Food for thought?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Antony Stone
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Food for thought?
On Sunday 18 February 2024 at 12:36:54, Didier Kryn wrote:

>     Yes, the ideal has a name. But I've never seen a computer runing
> Plan9. I would sincerely like to have this chance, even a VM. Is
> somebody working on it, even as a project?

Well, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_9_from_Bell_Labs suggests the project
status is "current", although the last ("final"?) release was in January 2015.

https://p9f.org/ has more information.

My major concern about such a system would be "it's all very interesting and I
like the idea, but how do I get applications to run under it?"

Antony.

--
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

- Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.