:: [DNG] [haines@histomat.net: Re: AL…
Góra strony
Autor: Haines Brown
Dla: dng
Temat: [DNG] [haines@histomat.net: Re: ALSA: Host is down]
----- Forwarded message from Haines Brown <haines@???> -----

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 13:26:20 -0500
From: Haines Brown <haines@???>
To: Haines Brown <haines@???>
Subject: Re: [DNG] ALSA: Host is down

After restarting X server on Daedalus I lost audio. I posed a
question but the thread got hung up on PulseAudio. I have pipewire
instaled but not PulaeAudio. I havve no desktop.

When I try to open alsamixer I get the error:
"cannot open mixer: Host is down"

No problem if I specify which card to use

    $ alsamixer -c0

    The card is HDA Intel PCH

The sound system works

    $ aplay test.wav

But when I try to use audacity to play a CD I get the error

    ALSA error: snd_pcm_open failed: Host is down.

I try mplayer without luck

    $ mplayer -cdrom-device /dev/cdrom cdda //
    MPlayer UNKNOWN-12 (C) 2000-2023 MPlayer Team

    Playing cdda.
    File not found: 'cdda'
    Failed to open cdda.

    Playing //.
    Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)

    libavformat version 59.27.100 (external)
    Exiting... (End of file)

But alsaplayer works just fine!

    $ alsaplayer /dev/cdrom CD.cdda

I constructed a ~/.asoundr file in which I specify the card to be 0,
but this did not help

    pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "dmixer"