:: Re: [DNG] bind9 1:9.18.24-1 not in …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Antony Stone
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] bind9 1:9.18.24-1 not in Devuan, yet?
On Wednesday 14 February 2024 at 15:36:09, Adrian Zaugg wrote:

> Today a security advisory (DSA 5621-1) about bind9 came through debian-
> security-announce@???. Normally the fixed packages are
> distributed before an advisory is sent out.
>
> In Devuan the package bind9 is still in version 1:9.18.19-1~deb12u1

That name (specifically the ~deb12u1 suffix) tells me that this package is not
forked by Devuan, therefore whatever you get is what upstream Debian provides.

Someone please correct me if this interpretation is wrong, but I think it
means Devuan will get any new bind9 package simultaneously with Debian, due to
the way Devuan's repositories work.

Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.