:: [DNG] ALSA: Host is down
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Haines Brown
To: dng
Betreff: [DNG] ALSA: Host is down
I'm running Daedalus. After restarting X server I lost audio.

     $ alsamixer
     cannot open mixer: Host is down

    $ amixer
    amixer: Mixer attach default error: Host is down

    $ aplay test.wav
    aplay: main:831: audio open error: Host is down

    $ aplay -l
    card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC1220 Analog [ALC1220     Analog]
      Subdevices: 1/1
      Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Howver, amixer and also alsamixer do open when I specify the card as
the default card 0:

    $ $ alsamixer -c0

    Alsa mixer i is using card 0 is HDA Intel PCH, which is correct.
    The implication is that ALSA cannot fine the card without help.

The Host is down error is often attributed to a pipewire bug, and
implication is that I should replace pipewriter with PulseAudio to get
around the problem.

Is there a bug in pipewire 0.3.65-3 that will cause this error? Is its
replacement with PulseAudo a good idea?

--

     Haines Brown