:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: How will the depreca…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Bruce Perens
À: Ottavio Caruso
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Fwd: How will the deprecation of Debian's i386 affect Devuan?
In the mailing list of another project, I just had to deal with a user who
is bothered that we don't support 8 and 16 bit machines and that we don't
try to "push the envelope while being universally compatible."

Of course that person isn't volunteering to help. The reality is that we
have an extremely limited pool of volunteers to do work and we must
prioritize what we work upon. It's Open Source software, and if there is a
retrocomputing audience that can self-support, they can. But what we mostly
see is folks who don't help, don't necessarily even *use* a 32-bit machine,
but demand we continue to support them on rather nebulous policy grounds.