:: Re: [DNG] Problem upgrading chiamer…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: al3xu5
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Problem upgrading chiamera to daedalus
Sat, 13 Jan 2024 22:20:18 +0100 - Antony Stone
<Antony.Stone@???>:

Hi Antony

> On Saturday 13 January 2024 at 22:09:56, Adrian Zaugg wrote:
>
> > Hi Alexus
> >
> > "Spazio esaurito sul device" means there is no space left on the device,
> > in this case where /boot is. Free up some space by removing old kernel
> > images:
> >
> >     apt purge linux-image-<xxx>

> > Replace <xxx> with the correct ending of an unused kernel package you have
> > installed, like 5.10.0-16-amd64. Do not remove your running kernel though
> > (uname -a). Check before that my guess is correct:
> >
> >     df -h

> I notice that the OP said:
>
> > > - / and /boot are on the same partition which has several GB of free
> > > space

Indeed. On both machines there are about 95MB left (/ /boot and /Var are on
the same partition).

Yesterday I found this:

and tried adding `MODULES=dep` to /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/modules

This solved the problem on the laptop, but *not* on the desktop.
The latter has a lot more packages installed... I presume there is a bit less
free space on the partition and maybe this could be the reason (?)...

> Therefore I recommend running the command df -ih as well, just in case it's
> inodes that have run out, rather than file system capacity.

I will try this next time I go to my sister.

How should I read the output of df -ih to check if inodes have run out?
And what should I do in this case?

Thanks.

Regards
alexus

--
The only way humans know to survive is to extinguish themselves.

Public GPG/PGP key: 8FC2 3121 2803 86E9 F7D8 B624 DA50 835B 2624 A36B