:: Re: [DNG] Devuan and ssh: X11 forwa…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: ael
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Devuan and ssh: X11 forwarding.
On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 10:21:58PM +0100, Adrian Zaugg wrote:
> Hi ael
>
> Set
>     X11Forwarding yes

Eh. I take the point about local.conf, but I did say that I had done a
lot of research and had forwarding working on the other machines.
So I had tried all the obvious and elementary solutions.
Obviously I had
    X11Forwarding yes

But thanks for the suggestion.

*BUT* I have found a solution (of a sort) in the last few minutes and
now have it working :-) But I will put that in another post in a few
moments...

ael

> on the Devuan machine in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.d/local.conf (you shouldn't
> change /etc/ssh/sshd_config -> eases next upgrade for you). Restart ssh.
>
> In der Nachricht vom Saturday, 13 January 2024 22:02:16 CET schrieb ael via
> Dng:
> > # X11UseLocalhost no
> > I have to uncomment that to
> > X11UseLocalhost no
>
> In sshd_config the defaults are mentioned as comments.
>
> Regards, Adrian.
>

> PS: To debug use ssh -vv on the client side. For X11 forwarding its worth to
> compress, even on a LAN: ssh -XC machine3

Again, I had used -vv and much more before posting...

But again, thank you.