:: Re: [DNG] Fw: Ignorant question: Wh…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Olaf Meeuwissen
À: tito
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Fw: Ignorant question: What is the point of removing systemd while keeping elogind?
Hi,

tito via Dng <dng@???> writes:

> On Sun, 07 Jan 2024 14:56:34 +0900
> Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Joel Roth via Dng <dng@???> writes:

>> > I don't have elogind on my system. FWIW, these packages
>> > depend on elogind.
>> >
>> > $ apt-cache rdepends elogind
>> > elogind
>> > Reverse Depends:
>> >   libpam-elogind
>> >   elogind-dbgsym
>> >     elogind:i386
>> >  |mate-power-manager
>> >     elogind:i386
>> >   libpam-elogind
>> >     elogind:i386
>> >  |debian-podman-config-override
>> >     elogind:i386

>> The ones prefixed with a | indicate that elogind is a dependency with
>> alternatives.
>>
>> The one for mate-power-manager also works with consolekit. The one for
>> debian-podman-config-override can use cgroupfs-mount insteand and is
>> only a recommendation.
>
> Hi,
> yes, but trying to remove elogind on my desktop system running daedalus
> wants to remove the a load of packages:
>
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
> [...snip...]
> libokular5core10* liboxygenstyle5-5* libpam-elogind*
> [...snip...]

Just because I highlighted the packages that have a dependency with
alternatives doesn't remove the fact that libpam-elogind has a
dependency on elogind *without* alternatives.

> Do you think there is a workaround? Install logind-considered-harmful?

Actually, there is a dummy-logind package (in daedalus at least) you
could try but it is really meant for build environments according to
its description.

But other than that, I have no idea. I'm not a KDE/GNOME user and in
the process of ditching Xfce in favour of a window manager based GUI.
I'm even ditching the display manager and start the GUI upon login on
/dev/tty1 from my ~/.profile :-)

Sorry this is of little to no help,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen