:: Re: [DNG] This is going to be unpop…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] This is going to be unpopular, but...
Le 05/01/2024 à 17:50, Steve Litt a écrit :
> But wait, there's more! Each service must be modified to run a
> shellscript on install and another one on remove. But when we say "each
> package", can't this be done programatically?

    For sysv scripts I think it must be possible to check that some
critical file of the service, eg the executable itself, simply just
exists before calling the script. I mean at startup time. This way
nothing needs to be done at install time.

    I don't know if something equivalent can be done for runit or s6
since these are not scripts.

--     Didier