:: Re: [DNG] This is going to be unpop…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Lorenz
À: Steve Litt
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] This is going to be unpopular, but...
Il giorno ven 5 gen 2024 alle ore 17:50 Steve Litt
<slitt@???> ha scritto:

> But wait, there's more! Each service must be modified to run a
> shellscript on install and another one on remove. But when we say "each
> package", can't this be done programatically?

I'm not sure what you mean here, please elaborate if I guess wrong:
currently runit-services cooperate with with runit and dh-runit to
integrate the 'foo' service with the Debian package that ships the 'foo'
binary so it is able to enable/start, disable/stop and restart the runit foo
service when appropriate.
there is no need for cooperation on the Debian foo package side, to avoid
sabotage and endless discussions

> By the way, I'm a huge fan of multiple init systems on one computer, so
> that if one doesn't work another can be used. I suggest the init system
> packages not jealously remove each other, but instead settle which one
> you'll be using today in the alternatives system, or some other
> convenient way.

no conflicts between runit-services and orphan-sysvinit-scripts so far

Lorenzo