:: Re: [DNG] This is going to be unpop…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] This is going to be unpopular, but...
Lorenz via Dng said on Fri, 5 Jan 2024 16:22:58 +0100

>Il giorno gio 4 gen 2024 alle ore 22:53 Didier Kryn <kryn@???> ha
>scritto:
>
>>      This is why I suggested to create a package collecting all the
>> sysv-rc init scripts for all services, and a package with all the
>> runit initscripts, and one with all the S6 descriptions. This makes
>> only 3 Devuan-only packages which should be very stable.

>Did you have a look at runit-services and orphan-sysvinit-scripts
>packages? They really fit your descriptions.
>(debian package search seems offline but to give you an idea..)
>https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/runit-services
>https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/orphan-sysvinit-scripts
>
>> Then all the service
>> packages just need to have a dependency against one of these 3.
>
>Very inefficient idea; it's enough that the init package (for example
>runit-init or
>sysvinit-core) dependes on it's all-services package. Otherwise you
>need to rebuild
>each single service-package from Debian just to add a Dependency.
>Currently there is "only" a recommend, and I think it's even more
>flexible approach.

But wait, there's more! Each service must be modified to run a
shellscript on install and another one on remove. But when we say "each
package", can't this be done programatically?

By the way, I'm a huge fan of multiple init systems on one computer, so
that if one doesn't work another can be used. I suggest the init system
packages not jealously remove each other, but instead settle which one
you'll be using today in the alternatives system, or some other
convenient way.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21