:: [devuan-dev] bug#824: Usrmerge not …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Rolf Heinrichs
A: submit
Assumpte: [devuan-dev] bug#824: Usrmerge not set during installation
Package: Devuan Daedalus Installer
Version: 5.0.1

I am using German locale, Daedalus 5.01 netinstall, expert mode. When
following this thread https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=6290 in
the Dev1Galaxy forum I realised that the installer does not apply
usrmerge as expected despite answering the question with "Ja" = yes
during installation. I am sure I requested this option during the
installation, since usrmerge is in discussion since Beowulf. But I
can't see the symbolic links being set on my Cinnamon DE. Also checked
some VMs and older PC in my basement that was installed some weeks ago.
No trace showing usrmerge anywhere. My fault that I never really
checked before.

Just tried a fresh install in a VM deliberately answering no. usrmerge
isn't present. After first reboot I manually installed the usrmerge
package, that did set the symbolic links as expected.

I guess this flaw in the installer affects also Beowulf and Chimaera.
AFAIK there is no installer for Excalibut yet.

Please fix.