:: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some st…
Top Pagina
Auteur: zeitgeisteater
CC: Dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some strong disagreement in Debian regarding usrmerge
> Devuan (and derivatives) demise is just collateral damage.

There may be an opportunity hiding in here.

If it's true that companies such as Cisco (as cited in prior posts) have sysv scripts already working in place, Devuan could start to look attractive to organizations that don't want to risk breakage in their systems.

I admire everyone's efforts here to be willing to even flirt with the idea of taking over the sysv snapshots for all packages, and I am sure that will have it's place, but it seems to me it would be better to encourage the continuation of that support from package maintainers where possible. If they have an outlet that's not hostile to their efforts to maintain a sysv position it could increase the adoption of Devuan by the maintainers *and* reduce the pressure on this end to catch everything.

The obvious question follows naturally: is it reasonable that we could facilitate/encourage/assist sysv continuance by the maintainers?