:: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some st…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ralph Ronnquist
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some strong disagreement in Debian regarding usrmerge
I would suggest we step away from including "services" in "boot".

To "boot" a system into a functional one is one thing.

To start "services" at (or after that) is another.

Modularity is good.

I prefer "boot" to be scripted since it then can be adjusted more
easily if needed for any actual system and situation. Though boot
scripting should only deal with system startup and system shutdown.
Service start/stop/... rather belongs to "services management".

hmm not sure that this thought brings things forward though :)

Ralph.