:: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some st…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some strong disagreement in Debian regarding usrmerge
altoid via Dng said on Fri, 29 Dec 2023 07:24:02 -0300

>Hello:
>
>On 28 Dec 2023 at 7:17, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
>> ... harm was and is the whole idea; "kill off Debian with Systemd
>
>Not a "guess".
>Just a reasonable evaluation of the present status quo.
>
>I've said it many times before: there is a lot of moolah behind
>making systemd the "de-facto" init for the Linux ecosystem.

Finally, somebody sees things my way. Thanks altoid! I'm soooooo tired
of knownothings twirping "Hanlon's Razor" to explain the situation,
when it's really Litt's Razor, which is "follow the money."

>systemd is nothing but an MS registry for Linux and the main purpose
>is to turn Linux into a MS type OS.

Yep.

>Just why do you think that MS came to "love" Linux?
>
>And you *do* know who the author of that abortion of nature that is
>systemd works today?

Yes, and it wasn't surprising, given that he started this whole thing
dissing Linux in comparison to both windows and mac.

>As posted by a commentard at ElReg with respect to systemd:
>
>"... nothing but a developer sanctioned virus running inside the OS,
>constantly changing and going deeper and deeper into the host with
>every iteration and as a result, progressively putting an end to the
>possibility of knowing/controlling what is going on inside your box
>as it becomes more and more obscure."

I'd say it's more like a metastisizing cancer.

>" ... a putsch to eventually generate and then force a convergence of
>Windows with or into Linux, which is obviously not good for Linux and
>if unchecked, will be Linux's undoing."

Yep!

>To that purpose, what better choice than Debian?

Devuan!

>There's nothing new here: it is the old MS embrace, extend, and
>extinguish that has been going on for decades, only that now there's
>active participation from IBM/RH.

Yep!

>Devuan (and derivatives) is still holding on but who knows for how
>long this will be so.

"Who knows" is exactly the right phrase. It's very possible that Devuan
will outlast windows.

>Everyone is *so* worried about a choice ...

I don't understand the preceding sentence.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21