:: Re: [DNG] New to Devuan coming from…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Gregory Nowak
To: Matthew Dyer
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] New to Devuan coming from Debian good w9ork.
Hi,
redirecting back to the list.

On Sun, Dec 24, 2023 at 11:39:11AM -0500, Matthew Dyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the confusion. I was talkinglking about how Debian has weekly butlds of Debian however Devuan does not. I like how Devuan uses sysvinit rather tgen systems. I use orca in a gut and espeakup in a text terminal. I was having a problem with netcat, but I think I got resolved by just removing it all together. Any I am running the testing branch in a vm. I am wondering if when doing an install, you could choose the branch when entering info manually. Thanks. Sorry again for the confusion.

You might be able to choose devuan testing or unstable if attempting a
manual mirror selection, but I'm not sure if that's possible. If you
want to live on the bleeding edge, the best way to do that is to install
from the current stable release, and upgrade to the branch you want
after the install. Perhaps someone else on the list knows if it's
possible to go straight to testing or unstable right from the install
media. Welcome to devuan.

Greg