:: Re: [DNG] What do you guys like abo…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Gianluca Zoni
À: o1bigtenor via Dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] What do you guys like about Desktop Environments?

Hi everyone,
I think it's a very interesting question. Too many people take
the use of desktop and WYSIWYG interfaces for granted. Instead
they should always be an open problem.

over a decade ago I started using StumpWM. Desktop environments
are a waste of time: you have to gesture to make yourself
understood by the computer, when we can talk to it or give it the
right commands by typing key combinations in a single "musical
chord" on the keyboard. StumpWM is programmable and integrates
seamlessly with Emacs, Mutt, Conkeror, ... especially because
over the years I've built an entire system of scripts and
programs that I call the "zigzag system". I can no longer
appreciate anything about desktop environments: they are a
prehistoric hell, fate for apes who cannot speak (and we humans
are apes who can speak!)

--
Z O N I N O Z
Gianluca Zoni