:: Re: [DNG] Simple or minimal wifi ac…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Hendrik Boom
To: tito
CC: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Simple or minimal wifi access from a laptop.
Did something that turned out to be stupid. Removed connman from the
system to clear the way for something else.
I intended to use my laoptop using itw wired ethernet connection eventually
anyway.
I expected to be able to reinstall connman if I needed to. Even if the net
was down, I should be able to use the copy in the package cache.
But... it seems aptitude no longer finds it there. Package didn't use to
be removed from the package cache when uninstalled. But it doesn't find it.

And as for the wired internet option -- I can't even find the name of the
wired ethernet interface. And ifconfig doesn't give me one. It's aware
only of lo.
Not even wlan0, which used to be around.

Things have changed in Debian recently -- new interface names. New
commands for examining and controlling them. and I don't know what they
are.
Once uon a time I' know I need to put eth0 up. Now I cannot even find it.

I *have* installed wpa_gui. It comes up nicely when I boot the system.
But I do not know how to configure wpasupplicant.

So. I want to know some of
How to configure wpasupplicant
How to find and put eth0 up.
How to get wlan0 back. It's disappeared too.

I suppose I can get some of these packages by sneakernet, The hard part is
getting all the dependecies, too.

By the way, where are all the cached packages saved anyway?

-- hendrik