:: Re: [DNG] Info about KDE
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adrian Zaugg
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Info about KDE
In der Nachricht vom Thursday, 21 December 2023 10:32:35 CET schrieb Daniel
Abrecht via Dng:
> It doesn't seam very stable, though. The shell sometimes crashes. When
> I'm lucky, I still have a terminal open, and can restart plasma-shell.

Plasmashell sucks. Working a lot with VPNs, changing WiFi or similar,
plasmashell starts to use 100% CPU. So every other day or so I have to
    killall plasmashell ; nohup plasmashell 2>/dev/null &

I don't know if this one is Devuan specific or a problem of KDE. What I know:
it's annoying, as annoying as the other million of bugs KDE has. Many of those
are KDE specific and will appear under Debian aswell, I guess (like e.g. the
citation intro to his mail having wrong date formatting, it should be in
German (Region set to de_CH), not in English).

Regards, Adrian.

PS: I was very happy with a rock solid KDE3, I used it at the time for work
and at home for years (Trinity is no Option today). KDE4 was a disaster. KDE5
is still recovering, slowly. I fear with QT6 in sight, there can be serveral
steps backwards expected.

PPS: If KDE was less buggy, it would be a nice system to work with. There are
many cool concepts (except Activities: What is that good for, please?),
customization is great, PIM integration comes in handy, asf. It is still a
positive choice towards KDE for me, and it is the only GUI I use for work and
at home.