:: [DNG] Simple or minimal wifi access…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: Dng
Asunto: [DNG] Simple or minimal wifi access from a laptop.
I'm having trouble with connman in Devuan chimaera and need a replacement.

I am setting my laptop up as an authoritative stopgap DNS server while my
regular server is dead.
tinydns needs to use port 53.

connman, in a chronic fit of exuberance, already monopolizes port 53 so
that it can take over domain name lookups. (there's no need for it to do
this,but it does it anyway. It just needs to set up a wifi connwction. It
doesn't need to do domain name lookup or definition.)

So -- what other tools are there to connect to wi-fi that don't need to
mess with port 53?
Fancy graphical interfaces are OK, so are low-level CLI ones, or even
hand-editing kernel configuration files, if that's what it tales.

I do ask that there is adequate documentation somewhere to explain how to
try them out. I may well have to install and uninstall them without
leaving residues that interfere with port 53. Installing and purging in
aptitude would probably do the trick. But leaving just a list of SSID's
and passwords would be fine.

-- hendrik