:: Re: [DNG] Info about KDE
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: o1bigtenor
CC: Dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Info about KDE
On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 4:39 AM altoid via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> On 21 Dec 2023 at 10:32, Daniel Abrecht via Dng wrote:
>
> > ... because I worry that the abandoned Xorg ...
> Xorg is by no means abandoned.
> Where did you get that idea from?

Freedesktop.org seems to be a rather moribund organization and its idea of
progress seems to be asking for more funding. Xorg really could use some
loving - - - the long time concepts are wonderful but contemporary graphics
cards really aren't 'comfortable' with it. Likely because they're far too busy
hiding things rather than working on getting the job done.
(Its one reason why I had to move from nvidia - - - I started there
when I started
my serious multi-monitor journey and open source stuff lagged behind some
almost 10 years. I think that's because very very very very few programmers
actually use more than perhaps 2 monitors!)

Regards