:: Re: [DNG] XFCE Shutdown not working
Página Inicial
Autor: Olaf Meeuwissen
Para: Michael K.
CC: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] XFCE Shutdown not working
Hi,

"Michael K." <michael@???> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hello,
>
> i use
>
> daedalus (5) with Linux 6.1.0-16-amd64 x86_64
> XFCE 4.18 and GTK 3.24.38
>
> When I want to shut down the PC, XFCE closes and the system remains on
> the prompt. But if I do the "sudo halt" in a terminal: the system
> shuts down.
>
> Where can I find more information about the problem? Or, does anyone
> know how I can fix this?

You didn't mention what display (login) manager you're using but if
memory serves me right, slim is the default for Xfce4 on Devuan.

If you're using slim, then you can

- log out of your session
- log in as the 'halt' user with the root password

and that shuts down and powers off the system.

Works for me.

> Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas

Hope this helps,
--