:: Re: [DNG] Info about KDE
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Info about KDE
tito via Dng said on Wed, 20 Dec 2023 16:39:52 +0100

>Hi,
>I would like to move my wife's laptop from debian to devuan,
>she uses KDE, does anybody use it, can you confirm that it just
>works or do I need to stick with debian?
>You happy wife happy life.

KDE sucks for the same reasons as systemd: It's a massively entangled
monolith. But as far as I know, KDE runs (as well as KDE can run at
all) on any Linux distro or init system. You will need to have dbus
(ewwww) working.

By the way, in 2013, long before ever hearing about systemd, back when
I was still a Ubuntu guy as a matter of fact, I banished all KDE
Desktop, applications and libraries from my system, and to this day I
have none. If you want to read how angry I was at the time, check this
out:

https://troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm#_Steve_You_Sound_Angry

SteveT

Steve Litt