:: Re: [DNG] Cannot boot my server.
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Lorenz
A: Hendrik Boom
CC: Steve Litt, dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Cannot boot my server.
Il giorno mar 19 dic 2023 alle ore 01:00 Hendrik Boom via Dng
<dng@???> ha scritto:

> But I do not know how to get it to run, or how to even te;; whether it's running and my problems are elsewhere.
>
> I don't know enough about runit to know where to look.

Looking at the Debian package I'd say:

* if you have the daemon package installed you can start with sysv, the usual
# update-rc.d enable tinydns && /etc/init.d/tinydns start
should do it.
* if you have runit package installed you can start as a runit service with
# update-service --add /etc/sv/tinydns
then you control the service via sv, for example
# sv s tinydns
* don't do both

> (why wasn;t that a dependency of the tinydns package?)

there is also a systemd service so I guess that runit and sysv are only
considered as additional and optional

Lorenzo