:: Re: [DNG] Cannot boot my server.
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: Steve Litt
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Cannot boot my server.
The old, reliable laptop is being made into a new stopgap server.
I've got it responding to ssh properly -- as long a I refer to it by an IP
number and not a domain name.
Now to get DNS up. This is a DNS that defines the topoi.pooq.com domain.
Now something I improvise by putin 1.1.1.1 in the resolvconf file.
I've copied the timydns configuration files from backup. I've installed
tinydns package.
But as far as I can tell the DNS server seems not to be running.

It seems to want to be supervised by runit, which I've heard a lot about on
this mailing list.
I've installed the 'daemon' and 'runit' packages that tie
.../init.c/tinydns claims to need.
(why wasn;t that a dependency of the tinydns package?).
But I do not know how to get it to run, or how to even te;; whether it's
running and my problems are elsewhere.

I don't know enough about runit to know where to look.

Steve, I think you're the foremost runit proselytizer on this list. Care to
tell me what to do or look for or read next?

-- hendrik