:: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some st…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] There seems to be some strong disagreement in Debian regarding usrmerge
Martin Steigerwald - 18.12.23, 10:19:50 CET:
> dpkg: See <https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg/FAQ#broken-usrmerge>.

That FAQ entry is crazy: First (some) dpkg maintainers recommend undoing
the usr-merge in case it has been done already, then there is a note that
Debian officially does only support usr-merge via aliased dirs, the approach
(some) dpkg maintainers consider broken by design. (And actually I agree
to that assessment.)

It is so sad. So much unresolved conflict and friction within Debian
community. I think the whole Systemd forcing did more harm to Debian
community than anything else in the last 10 years.

--
Martin