:: Re: [DNG] vdev status update in dae…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Steve Litt
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] vdev status update in daedalus
aitor said on Sun, 17 Dec 2023 22:41:43 +0100

>I didn't know about shellcheck:
>
>https://www.shellcheck.net/

Shellcheck is a great tool. I run it as:

shellcheck -e SC2002 my_shellscript.sh

The preceding eliminates warnings on "useless use of cat". Using an
initial cat in a pipeline makes troubleshooting much easier and less
error prone. The cost: 1 more process and maybe a millisecond of added
run time. To me, objections to "useless use of cat" are ridiculously
pedantic. I almost never use my_shellscript.sh < my_data_file.txt.

Your mileage may vary.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21