:: Re: [DNG] Cannot boot my server.
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Cannot boot my server.
Hendrik Boom via Dng said on Sat, 16 Dec 2023 16:38:41 -0500

>It was an lvm partion on a RAID. (fsck can handle that, right? Or
>did I do it wrong?

I'm suggesting you lock the barn door after the horse escaped, but this
kind of stuff is why I use plain vanilla Ext4 with no lvm or raid. I
view lvm as just another layer of abstraction to gum up the works, and
I see few advantages of RAID unless you absolutely cannot have downtime
and monitor the individual drives continuously. If you don't need to
encrypt the root partition (/), you can do encryption without lvm. If
you need stretchable partitions, you can use bind mounts. And I'm
pretty sure you can do raid without lvm.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21