著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] init systems
Charles via Dng said on Sat, 16 Dec 2023 19:16:36 +0000

>A while back there was some discussion on setting up runit/sysv
>scripts, etc. for programs. I ran across this the other day and
>thought it might be useful. MX Linux uses it to convert systemd
>scripts to sysVinit on their non-systemd installs. Maybe you are
>familiar with it already.
>
>FWIW- https://github.com/RosstheRoss/sysd2v
>
>Cheers!

Ugh! I wish they'd implemented it in C or an interpreter instead of as
a shellscript.

Some of my GoLUG buddies and I are exploring compiler making, and I
think it's entirely possible that some of us will have the parsing
chops to create a unit file to runit/s6 directory converter a few
months from now.

By the way, at the January 2024 online GoLUG meeting, DNG's own
Hendrick Boom is presenting on creating a language parser that uses
down-first recursion instead of Flex and Bison. This will give
GoLUGgers and meeting attendees the info they need to choose between
down-first recursion as opposed to the Flex and Bison route.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21